Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Update on my '50 Ford kustom...

After some friendly suggestions and not being able to decide on "just the right trim," I found some '54 Dodge side trim back east and as soon as some of the pieces arrived, I couldn't resist doing a mock-up. I'm still waiting on a pair of two-door door spears that missed the boat, but once they arrive I will start to actually mount it. I think I will run the front fender spear longer than the Don Carroll convertible and Gator hardtop kustoms did...
One of my most favorite kustom shoebox grills...the Don Roberts-built '49 Ford owned by Bob Dofflow. Grab your 1956 Custom Cars annual or check out Rik Hoving's kustom car photo collection for more.


This is just a mock-up...the grill I had was in fair condition and I think the whole thing needs to go in more and up just a tad to look right. My friend Chris in New Jersey has some grill pieces on the way for me that should be much better to work with...oh, and I have a nice set of NOS '51 Ford grill titties waiting in the wings for this :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Kustoms Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Kustom Owners, Enthusiasts, Experts, Dealers, Collectors, Customizers, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Kustoms Community: http://www.vorts.com/kustoms/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete